Buleleng is the widest and longest regency in Bali, that is 24,25% out of Bali total area. Its topography is hills in the southern area and flat in northern area. Buleleng’s 144 km of coastline is the longest in the Bali regency. The Regional Government of Buleleng Regency has categorised this area into three sub-development areas to facilitate and increase the plan coordination, development implementation. Those sub areas are West Buleleng, Central Buleleng, and East Buleleng.
Buleleng Hebat Program is still in discussions with the community and the Buleleng Regional Government to create Buleleng as a Kabupaten Hebat, through the preparation of Village/Rural Areas Great model in three development areas, based on their history and their resources/potential. The vision will be reached through the mission of:
- To empower the rights of indigenous people and to encourage the integrated and sustainable development of community resource management
- To prepare three models of Desa Hebat, each in West, Central, and East Buleleng and one model of Village Area Development, related to local and integrated area management and their land-marine resource management
- To protect the village sacredness through documentation and educational material
Buleleng Hebat Model may be realised in the next three years. The first year will focus on the empowerment of the rights of indigenous people and to encourage the integrated and sustainable development of community resource management, with the aim:
- To explore the resources and potential in deeper and participatory way
- To provide the guidance of village development and improvement
- To “harmonise” the map and village plan with its policies above
- To increase the knowledge and learning for wider society
Let’s create together Buleleng to become the model of Great Regency.